Safety Issues for all Drivers
- At least 21 years old
- A valid drivers license
- A valid CDL for truck drivers.. Your CDL must be from the state that you declare to be your point of permanent domicile. To join the student program must have valid driver's license and meet the Homeland Security / Transportation Administration requirements.
- Must provide no less than 10 years of driving work history, non driving work history for the past five years (you will need this at orientation to complete paperwork).
- Previous employers and references will be checked and must be verifiable.
- A stable work history and good references (for experienced drivers no more than 3 employers in last year).
- No Abandoned Jobs at previous employers.
- Successfully complete the starting classes for Contractors or Orientation for employees.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN…
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol test in the last three years (this includes DWI's, DUI's and BAC's).
- No reckless driving convictions in the last three years.
- No license suspension for points in the last three years.
- No more than three moving violations during the last year.
- Must have no more than four moving violations and / or accidents during the last three years.
Thank you for your interest in Bocsit. To apply for a driving position, please complete our
online application for employment. Incomplete information will delay the processing of your
application or prevent it from being submitted.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified
applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, marital status, or non job related
BEFORE YOU CAN ENTER INTO A CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH BOCSIT, THE
FOLLOWING CRITERIA MUST BE SATISFIED:
- YOU MUST OBTAIN AND SUBMIT TO BOCSIT A COPY OF YOUR VEHICLE INSURANCE
COVERAGE SHEET. COVERAGE MUST MEET OR EXCEED THESE THREE MINIMUMS:
($100,000 COMBINED SINGLE LIMIT)
- $100,000 BODILY INJURY PER PERSON
- $100,000 BODILY INJURY PER ACCIDENT
- $100,000 PROPERTY DAMAGE PER ACCIDENT
- YOU MUST QUALIFY THROUGH BOTH A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND DRIVING
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE AND HISTORY FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
- YOU MUST PROVE VEHICLE OWNERSHIP BY SUBMITTING A LEGIBLE COPY OF THE
CURRENT REGISTRATION OF THE VEHICLE YOU PLAN TO USE WHILE CONTRACTING
- EMPLOYMENT HISTORY UPTO 5 YEARS
ONCE ALL THE REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIED ABOVE HAVE BEEN SATISFIED, YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE
TO CONTINUE THE PROCESS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACTUAL POSITION WITH
An affirmative answer to the questions regarding criminal record will not automatically
result in the denial of employment. An applicant's criminal record will be evaluated based
on the job for which the applicant has applied.
Required entry fields are followed by * meaning you must provide the requested
information to continue. If you encounter any errors during this process and cannot
continue, please contact us at 6178070411.
These qualifications may be changed by Bocist without prior notification.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
All drivers must meet the DOT physical qualification requirements, which are as follows:
- No loss of foot, legs, hands, or arm (unless DOT has waived this requirement)
- No impairment of:
- A hand or finger that interferes with prehension or power grasping
- An arm, foot or leg that interferes with the ability to perform normal tasks associated with
operating a motor vehicle (unless the DOT has waived this requirement)
- No established medical history or current clinical diagnosis of:
- Diabetes mellitus currently requiring insulin for control
- Epilepsy or any other condition likely to cause loss of consciousness or any loss of ability to
control a motor vehicle
No established medical history or current clinical diagnosis of any of the following likely to interfere with
the ability to control, operate or drive a motor vehicle safely:
- Respiratory dysfunction
- Rheumatic, arthritic, orthopedic, muscular, neuromuscular or vascular disease
- No current clinical diagnosis of:
- Myocardial infraction (heart attack)
- Angina pectoris (chest pain)
- Coronary insufficiency (decrease in blood flow through the coronary blood vessels)
- Thrombosis (blood clots)
- Any other cardiovascular disease known to be accompanied by syncope (fainting), dyspnea
(shortness of breath), collapse or congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure likely to interfere with the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely
- No use of an amphetamine, narcotic, or any other habitforming
drug except prescribed drugs that do not interfere with the ability to drive
- No mental, nervous, organic or functional disease or psychiatric disorder like to interfere with the ability to
operate a motor vehicle safely
- If you do not meet the above requirements, you will not be able to do the work for which you are