Declared Value & Limits of Liability
- The declared value of any package/shipment represents our maximum liability in connection with a shipment, including - but not limited to - any loss, damage, delay, mis-delivery, non-delivery, misinformation, and failure to provide information or mis-delivery of information.
Exposure to and risk of any loss in excess of the declared value is either assumed by the shipper or transferred by the shipper to an insurance carrier through the purchase of an insurance policy. You should contact an insurance agent or broker if you desire insurance coverage. WE DO NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE OF ANY KIND.
- Except with respect to Bocsit' freight services, and subject to the limits set forth in paragraphs F, G and H below, our liability (with regards to any package/shipment) is limited to the sum of $50.00, unless a higher value is declared for the package/shipment at the time of tender, and a greater charge is paid as provided in paragraph C below.
- Except with respect to Bocsit' freight services, a charge will be assessed for all packages/shipments exceeding $50.00 in declared value. For packages/shipments exceeding $50.00 in declared value, an additional $1.00 will be charged for each $100.00 (or fraction thereof) of declared value. Declared value must be entered in whole dollar amounts.
- Except as limited by paragraphs F, G, H and I below, the maximum declared value per package/shipment is $2000.00.
- Bocsit' freight, except as limited by paragraphs F, G, H and I below, the maximum declared value per piece (single handling unit) in any freight shipment is $50,000. Unless a higher value is declared and paid for, liability for any freight package/shipment is limited to $100.00 or $1.00 per pound, whichever is greater. When a value declared on any freight package/shipment exceeds the greater of $100 or $1.00 per pound (per package/shipment), a $1.00 charge will be assessed for every $100.00 (or fraction thereof) of additional declared value. Declared value must be entered in whole dollar amounts.
- The maximum declared value for C.O.D. packages/shipments (for both the carriage of the goods and the C.O. D. amount) is $1000.00 per package/shipment. Other than with respect to freight packages/ shipments, if no value is declared, our liability will be limited to the lesser of the C.O.D. amount or $100.00. If no value is declared on a freight package/shipment, the declared value and our liability shall be limited to the lesser of the C.O. D. amount, $100.00 or $1.00 per pound - whichever is greater.
- Packages/Shipments (including freight) containing all or part of the following items, are limited to a maximum declared value of $50.00:
- Artwork, including any work created or developed by the application of skill, taste or creative talent for sale, display or collection. This includes - but is not limited to - items (and their parts) such as: paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited-edition prints, fine art, statuary, sculpture, collector's items, customized or personalized musical instruments.
- Film, photographic images, negatives, chromes and slides.
- Any commodity that by its inherent nature is particularly susceptible to damage, or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain.
- Antiques, any commodity, which exhibits the style or fashion of a past era and whose history (age or rarity) contributes to its value. These items include - but are not limited to - furniture, tableware, glassware, collector's items such as coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia. NOTE: Collector's coins and stamps may not be shipped. (See Restrictions for more details.)
- Glassware, including -but not limited to - signs, mirrors, ceramics, porcelains, china, crystal, glass, framed art, flat panel display screens (all types), plasma screens, and any other commodity with similar fragile qualities.
- Jewelry, including - but not limited to - costume jewelry, watches and their parts, mount gems or stones (precious or semi-precious), industrial diamonds and jewelry made of precious metal.
- Furs, including - but not limited to - fur clothing, fur-trimmed clothing and fur pelts.
- Precious metals, including - but not limited to - gold and silver bullion or dust, precipitates or platinum (except as an integral part of electronic machinery).Stocks, bonds, cash letters or cash equivalents, including - but not limited to - food stamps, postage stamps (not collectible), traveler's checks, lottery tickets, money orders, pre-paid calling cards, bond coupons and bearer bonds.
- See the Liabilities Not Assumed section of this Service Guide for other limitations and exclusions on our liability.
- When the shipper send more than one package on a job number, the total declared value for all the packages moving under the job number must be stated or entered when the order is placed. Our liability will be limited to the total declared value (not to exceed the per-package limit of $50.00 or $50,000.00 or the per-shipment limit of $1000.00, as described in this section). The declared value for each package/ shipment will be determined by dividing the total declared value by the number of packages on the job number, unless you provide verifiable evidence supporting a different allocation. Claimant is responsible for proving the actual loss when a claim is made. In no event may the declared value for any package/ shipment exceed the value of the declared entire shipment. If a package/shipment is sent pursuant to an airline interline agreement, additional restrictions may apply.
- If a multi-piece package/shipment is tendered palletized and shrink-wrapped as one single handling unit, the maximum declared value for that single unit is $50,000.00 and not $50,000 per package contained within that multi-piece shipment.
- For packages/shipments shipped to any international location, the declared value for carriage cannot be greater than the declared value for Customs.
ANY EFFORT TO DECLARE A VALUE IN EXCESS OF THE MAXIMUMS ALLOWED IS NULL AND VOID AND THE ACCEPTANCE FOR CARRIAGE OF ANY PACKAGE/SHIPMENT BEARING A DECLARED VALUE IN EXCESS OF THE ALLOWED MAXIMUMS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS SERVICE GUIDE AS TO SUCH PACKAGE/SHIPMENT. EVEN IF A HIGHER VALUE IS DECLARED, OUR LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR DELAY WILL NOT EXCEED A PACKAGE/SHIPMENT'S REPAIR COST, ITS DEPRECIATED VALUE OR ITS REPLACEMENT COST - WHICHEVER IS LESS.