Routing and Re-Routing
Bocsit may re-route packages/shipments when the sender authorizes the re-route. A re-route is a request to change a delivery address from what was originally requested. Specifically, a re-route is:
- A change from one street address to another in the same city/state.
- A change from "Hold" to a request for "Delivery".
- A change from delivery instructions to a request for "Hold".
- A change from one "Hold" to another in the same city/state.
We will determine the routing of all packages/shipments, including the mode of transportation used - air, ground or any combination thereof - in providing our services. We reserve the right to divert any package/shipment (including the use of other carriers) in order to facilitate its delivery.
- An additional fee will be billed to the account number specified for each re-routed package/shipment. This will not apply when a package intended for delivery is changed to "Hold".
- To re-route a package/shipment, the sender must call and provide us with the Bocsit tracking number.
- If a recipient calls to re-route a package/shipment, they must provide us with the applicable Bocsit tracking number. We may, at our option, require the shipper to authorize and approve the re-routing.
- If the sender calls to re-route a shipment, the sender must provide us with the new destination address for the package, including a valid contact phone number for the recipient.
- We will attempt to honor the new delivery request, but our verification and handling procedures may result in delays. Our Guarantee Policy does not apply to shipments that are re-routed.
- Only ONE re-route will be allowed per package/shipment.
- We may require photo identification of the person authorized to pick up the package/shipment.